H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. ','H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. ','Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. ','H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B Digital builds t he tech that feeds Texas. We're investing heavily in our Customers' and our employees' digital experiences, ultimately reinventing how people get food into their homes. For more information, visit digital.heb.com
The Product & Design Team
is o n a mission to design and build the absolute best software and experience for customers and employees while driving exceptional business results. We mix user-centric design with business savvy, focusing on two key user segments:
What is the opportunity?
- Consumers : a compelling digital experience that captures everything inspiring about food, while delivering incredible convenience and simplifying the grocery experience to be nothing short of delightful.
- H-E-B Partners : we arm H-E-B partners across the company with world class business applications and tools to thrive in their jobs so together we can ensure that the customer experience is top notch online, in-store, or anywhere else.
You're someone who has passion to deliver the best user experiences, with an uncanny knack for uncovering hidden user insights and translating those into design. As a Principal Product Designer
, you will...
Why is this awesome? You will...
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to define broad requirements and design goals
- Build prototypes of various fidelity to validate new product concepts
- Relentlessly champion the user while defining user experience opportunities and identifying use cases
- Identify usability issues for upcoming feature releases and collaboratively align on a solution
- Tackle fiendishly complex design problems and provide clarity for the team as you break them down into viable, user-centered solutions
- Analyze engagement metrics on in-flight pilots, and rapidly iterate the design with an eye towards constant improvement
- Partner with UI engineers to test new features and identify bugs prior to deploying to production
- Be the fountain of knowledge - keep the company in sync with user experience findings and the novel design approaches you're pushing forward, actively doling out little nuggets of insights at just the right time
What is your background?
- Help build and apply design and research standards/processes across the Product & Design team
- Have the freedom to define how design and research operates at H-E-B Digital
- Be part of a small, lean team (to start), which translates to you having a big personal impact
- Have huge opportunity for growth. H-E-B Digital is on the way up, creating exceptional career paths for exceptional product & design talent
- Be surrounded by top talent; we constantly raise the bar, and all get better along the way
- Create experiences that impact the lives of your fellow H-E-B Partners
Do you have what it takes to succeed?
- Education (formal or otherwise) in design, UX, HCI, cognitive psychology, or related field
- Proven track record (5 - 10 years' experience) in user experience design or UI design
- Extra points for create a DLS or experience with developing new-to-market products or services
What are the perks?
- Enthusiasm for H-E-B values and the H-E-B Digital mission
- A deep understanding of how different connected devices impact user experience, and how user experiences lace together across different platforms
- Exceptional strength in consumer or enterprise software products, with emphasis on mobile first - both native and web apps
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Different gears for different design challenges-ability to quickly and smoothly transition from concepts and ideation to detailed execution
- Can see the forest through the trees-you find simple solutions for complex problems
- Embraces and thrives in a high-paced, changing, lean startup culture
- High comfort level with "lean startup" or Agile development methodologies
- Can advocate for and educate on the power of design thinking and user-centered design
- Always on top of the latest technologies, industry trends, and design patterns
- Comfortable working with and visualizing data
- A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
- An 80/20 PPO medical plan with a $30 copay for in-network primary care
- Dental plans, Vision plan, voluntary insurance plans, and flexible spending accounts (FSA) available
- The Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
- Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits, up to 5 times per year for each issue
- Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors over the phone
- Funeral leave, Jury Duty, and Military pay (subject to applicable law)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage after 90 days
- Maternal / Paternal Leave for new parents, adoptions included
- Eligibility for 401(k) participation after 6 months
- Eligibility for quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online after 90 days
- Access to other savings (gyms, phone, hotels, and more) through online discount program after 90 days
- Opportunity to become a "Partner-Owner" after 12 months of employment