|Category||Business Center Representative||Job type||Part Time|
H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while providing superior customer service. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Business Center Representative, you'll provide superior customer service and perform accurate, efficient tasks related to Business Center services.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... understanding of how accurate records affect business success?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... a drive for accuracy and efficiency?
We are looking for:
- experience as a Checker (preferred)
- customer service and communication skills
- ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks; attention to detail (sometimes during stressful situations)
What is the work?
- Provides superior customer service with etiquette and a positive attitude
- Answers phone calls appropriately; handles customer concerns and complaints
- Researches discrepancies; assists with Customer inquiries
- Uses knowledge and suggestive selling techniques to build department / Store sales
Cash Handling / Compliance:
- Facilitates all Business Center services
- Applies knowledge of all requirements, policies, and procedures related to MSB and other financial services
- Complies with H-E-B security / confidentiality guidelines
- Conducts transactions on the H-E-B POS System
- Handles large sums of cash; conducts, processes, reconciles transactions in compliance with policies and procedures
- Applies understanding of H-E-B Refund Policy; processes returns; issues rain checks, as applicable
- Applies understanding and urgency of recall processes
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Experience as a Checker (preferred)
- Completion of Alcohol Seller's Training (AST)
- Completion of Money Service Business (MSB) training
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Business Center Representative?
- Strong customer service skills
- PC skills, including Outlook (email) and Intranet navigation
- Ability to remain composed in stressful situations
- Able to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, with attention to detail in precise tasks
- Ability to work with Partners and customers and stay attentive to their needs / concerns
- Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment that requires detailed, precision work
- Constantly* stand, reach at waist, grasp
- Occasionally walk, reach overhead, reach at shoulders, reach at knees, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, climb stairs, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to loud noises
- Demonstrate the ability to lift up to 42 lbs, and manage in excess of 50 lbs**
* While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
** It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.