|Category||Store Ops Leadership Programs||Job type||Full Time|
We are currently accepting applications for the H-E-B School of Retail Leadership (SORL) Program, which develops individuals to become Store Operation Leaders. Hands-on management experience in all departments, classroom training, project work and workshops are designed to enhance the level of skill and leadership required to become a successful Store Leader.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... the commitment to learn to make your Customers and Partners feel appreciated, respected, and needed?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... a desire to learn to Lead in a fast-paced, hands-on environment?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... the drive to make decisions, build relationships, and adapt quickly to meet business goals?
We are looking for:
- a master's or bachelor's degree
- 1 year of experience as a department manager
- a high-level record of school / work achievement and performance
What is the work? (other duties may be assigned)
- Able and willing to relocate based on business need for talent (relocation assistance provided)
- If you meet all of the preferred education and experience and are interested in the position, complete the online application AND submit the requested documents to the Regional office
- Hands-on management experience in all departments
- Attends classroom training and workshops designed to enhance leadership skills
- Works with H-E-B Regional Leadership, Store Leadership, and Department Managers to gain exposure to all aspects of retail operation
- Performs project work
What is your background? (Preferred Education and Experience)
- A bachelor's or master's degree, or have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a primary or sub-department manager
- A strong academic record (3.0 GPA preferred)
- Current performance rating of meets or exceeds expectations
- Exhibit a high level of achievement and performance in school and / or work
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B SORL Program Partner?
- Demonstrate strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate the ability to build talent, build relationships, and drive results
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to the needs of the business
- Have great interpersonal skills and service mentality
- Function in a fast-paced retail environment which requires detailed work and precision
- Be exposed to moderate noise level in the work environment
- Lift and carry 40 - 60 pounds on a regular basis
- Stand, walk, bend, reach, kneel, squat, reach overheard and side-to-side throughout shift
- Work with customers and be attentive to their needs, while maintaining composure in high-stress situations
- Work extended hours and varying work schedule as dictated by the business
Successful completion of a background check