|Category||Shelf Edge Specialist||Job type||Part Time|
H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while providing superior customer service. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As an H-E-B Shelf Edge Specialist, you'll assist the Shelf Edge Manager in efficient department operations, including inventory management, space management, and price image on the shelf edge.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... interpersonal and customer service skills?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... a strong sense of how what you do affects Customers and our success?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to handle many priorities in a fast-paced work environment?
We are looking for:
- a year of experience in a retail environment
- experience in new item cut-ins, the refresh process, and reviewing plan-o-grams
What is the work?
Inventory Management / Administration:
- Ensures compliance with Store Inventory Management (SIM) and plan-o-gram (POG) SOPs
- Conducts perpetual audits
- Investigates inventory issues
- Executes category refresh requirements for new item placement and Store-assigned category updates
- Assigns a product shelf assignment (PSA) to all plan-o-gram items and displays
- Audits to ensure all plan-o-grams are properly set and current
- Ensures demographic alignment within plan-o-grams
- Conducts shelf edge sanitation
- Processes preliminary exception reports
- Ensures ad, price, and item sign accuracy
- Hangs coupons for total Store; pulls expired coupons
- Prints / replenishes / corrects coupons; creates letters of corrections
- Conducts ad walks and WIC audits
- Processes tags host batch; executes price changes
- Ensures accountability for ad racks and scale checks
What is your background?
- 1+ years of experience in a retail environment
- Experience in new item cut-ins, refresh process, and reviewing plan-o-grams for accuracy
- Primary certification (experience) in a specific shelf edge function (SB1, SB2, SB3)
- MHE certification within 6 months of hire
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Shelf Edge Specialist at H-E-B?
- Working knowledge of Symbol usage / application
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks; attention to detail
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
- Use skid / pallet jacks
- Constantly* reach at waist, grasp
- Frequently stand, walk
- Occasionally sit, reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair climb, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, loud noises, ambient temperatures, wet conditions
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 50 lbs, and manage in excess of 65 lbs**
* While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
** It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.