|Category||Food Demo Rep||Job type||Part Time|
H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while treating our Customers to excellent service. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Food Demo Representative, you'll demonstrate and sell products to promote sales by educating and informing Customers of product features. You may also merchandise products in innovative and eye-catching ways, and coordinate with Department Managers on product displays.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... the know-how to combine first-class customer service and selling?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... ability to meet sales goals in a fast-paced environment, while handling multiple concurrent tasks?
We are looking for:
- sales experience a plus
- advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- ability / willingness to work flexible hours
What is the work?
Customer Service / Sales:
- Greets customers enthusiastically
- Provides excellent customer service; answers product-related questions; helps customers locate store merchandise
- Smiles and makes solid eye contact with customers
- Serves samples and demonstrates products; explains attributes and features
- Maintains friendly, positive, well-groomed appearance
- Sets up and organizes cart / table for demonstrations
- Prepares vendor products using Demonstration Product Information Sheet (DPIS) to enhance product display
- Provides daily accurate and on-time reporting of time worked and sales results
- Responsible for meeting sales quotas
- Loads, unloads, and moves products that are sometimes heavy or bulky
- Makes announcements over the store paging system as directed
Food Safety / Sanitation:
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and H-E-B food safety regulations / standards
- Attends required food safety and related trainings
- Maintains professional, clean, healthy, and safe work environment
- Cleans up work station area and assists other sales advisors as required
- Follows and completes designated department SOPs daily
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- Experience in sales a plus
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Food Demo Representative at H-E-B?
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of all sizes
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Present a neat appearance, with good grooming
- Constantly* stand, reach at waist, and grasp
- Occasionally walk, reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair climb, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, and perform fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, ambient temperatures, loud noise, wet conditions
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 25 lbs, and manage in excess of 25 lbs
* While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
** It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or amanager.