|Category||Store Operations Leadership||Job type||Full Time|
Business Unit / Department Mission: The Shelf Edge Manager leads all initiatives for Price Image, Plan-o-gram Integrity, and Inventory Management for total store.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PROCESS RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned as necessary)
- Majority of time spent using independent judgment to make employment-related decisions, or effectively recommend such decisions, to hire, promote, transfer, discipline, suspend, discharge, reward, or otherwise engage in resolving partner-related matters
- Reports to Center Store (or assigned MIC) leader.
- Store SKU Count of 22,000 up to 32,000 (Center Store)
- Manages a team of 2-3 partners
- Interacts with the following depts.: Gas Station, GM, Drug Store, Dry Grocery, Frozen, Dairy, Service, Produce, Market, and Bakery, and Pharmacy.
- Monitoring department budget and payroll
- Interviews new hire applicants
- Leads all shelf edge merchandising activities by the Shelf Edge Team including shelf tags and signs.
- Coordinates store-executed new item cut-ins and category refreshes in Grocery, Drug, and GM departments
- Manage exiting/discontinued items
- Approves all DSD and warehouse reset work performed in-store.
- Accountable for assigning PSA to all plan-o-gram items and all displays throughout the store.
- Accountable for shelf-edge integrity relating to: price accuracy (Tag price = Scan price), marketing accuracy (Attribute signs, Own Brand compare signs, PRC signage, etc), Plan-O-Gram vs. Real-O-Gram accuracy.
- Assist customers in product location and communicates special requests to Department Merchandise manager; once item is approved for store by RDSM, follow new item cut-in process
- Accountable for total store pricing accuracy
- Provides feedback to Space Management team to ensure demographic alignment within plan-o-grams.
- Performs audits for product date rotation, Ad accuracy, and signing/pricing accuracy.
- Leads inventory management processes based on SRS SOPs/Methods to ensure perpetual inventory accuracy
- Manages labor scheduling, staffing, and performance appraisals of shelf-edge team members
- Responsible for execution of corporate marketing plans (signage)
- Accountable for executing return process for vendor funded RGC products (example-Drugstore refresh - Cosmetic returns to supplier).
- Maintains and repairs all shelf edge tools (example-symbol)
- Responsible for locating and/or ordering product, fixtures, and supplies prior to all reset work.
- Train partners on shelf edge activities/SOPs
- Provide partner feedback, recognition and developmental opportunities as appropriate
- Maintains sanitation standards for shelf edge activities
- Ensures that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met
- Ensures scale maintenance is performed daily
- Maintains store mapping labels to support PSA process
- Prints coupons and signage to support
- Weekly execution of Shelf Edge Roadmap Notes
- Implements new areas of business going with SRS processes (example front of pharmacy)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION PREFERRED
- Must be 18 yrs of age or older
- One year experience in department or training or comparable experience
- SORM Training (or proven track record w/several years of management experience)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Analytical skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Understanding of product integrity
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, H-E-B Systems
- Able to proficiently communicate verbally and written to all Partner levels
- Forklift/Power jack Training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oralinstructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced retail environment
- Must be able to work extended hours and varying work schedule as dictated by the business
- Must possess hand/finger dexterity
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, reach, kneel, squat, reach overhead and side to side throughout shift
This posting is for external candidates only. If you currently work for H-E-B, Joe V's, Central Market, or Mi Tienda, please refer to PartnerNet for internal School of Retail Management Postings.