H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. ','H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. ','Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. ','H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B Manufacturing's goal is to achieve superior self-manufactured products through high-quality, low-cost foods. We are committed to the growth, development, and training of our Partners, while continually achieving superior levels of service.
As an Electrical Controls Engineer, you'll provide critical support in overall development of the Electrical, Programming, and Controls functional area in support of H-E-B Manufacturing's current / future needs.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE...communication and collaboration skills?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... technical knowledge to support electrical controls programs functionality / standardization?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to boost H-E-B's efforts to improve manufacturing yield?
We are looking for:
- a degree in electrical engineering (preferred)
- experience with controls systems in an internship or collegiate environment
- basic knowledge of manufacturing / manufacturing systems
What is the work?
Manufacturing Operations / Troubleshooting:
- Supports development of manufacturing equipment specifications / standards that align with industry code and regulations; supports development, improvement, and refinement of standards focused on electrical, controls, and programming infrastructure / process; standardizes sensors, probes, HMIs, hardware / software, etc., by manufacturing platform
- Supports projects by using existing H-E-B FAT, SAT, electrical installation, and other electrical controls and programming documentation
- Supports projects by providing equipment electrical drawing reviews to ensure compliance with H-E-B MFG electrical controls specifications
- Serves as support resource for construction, commissioning, qualification, and validation of new equipment with focus on electrical, controls, and programming technology
- Supports definition of key machine data to interface with PLC, SCADA, and MES systems
- Assists in troubleshooting / analyzing problems on technical outages with electrical or programming interfaces
- Updates electrical single-lines, and schematics and networking infrastructure layouts
- Supports / maintains equipment electrical controls and programming systems
- Maintains / improves equipment electrical drawings, and various control system hardware programs (e.g., PLCs, PACs, drives, ethernet switches, SCADA systems)
- Troubleshoots plant controls systems, in partnership with cross-functional H-E-B and third-party resources
- Maintains central repository for all things electrical, including single-line drawings, network architecture drawings, equipment electrical schematics, etc.
- Provides technical support for plant teams in troubleshooting, education, overall alignment of technology with innovation, and implementation, including best practices / industry standards with regards to electrical, controls, and programming standards
- Supports MFG's capital plan by identifying manufacturing bottle necks, control system obsolescence, and network infrastructure requirements
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (preferred)
- 0+ years of progressive manufacturing, integrator, or OEM experience
- Experience / expertise in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), ladder logic, and similar systems
- Experience with controls systems in an internship or collegiate environment
- Experience successfully identifying, recommending, and implementing system changes to improve productivity, reduce cost, and minimize work in the electrical, programming, and controls space
- Experience working in AutoCAD
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an Electrical Controls Engineer I at H-E-B?
- Knowledge of electrical, programming, and